Cut of the day #tigi #bedhead @only1fly @willthebarbervosb @tigistation ✂️ Thanks @alexisabutt for the video 👍
God speaks through those who serve him. He definitely speaks through this man. One day I hope the world knows that God wants to take up residence in man’s heart, a plan that he has from the beginning and is only possible with Jesus. I’ve seen so much in the presence of God because of Christ’s salvation, there’s no going back. Just please get religion out of your head, get all those rules out, you can’t try hard enough. Only Christ can fill voids. It’s not about a Sunday event, it’s not about what good you have done or what sacraments and commandments you tried to keep. Jesus loves all and his salvation is pure, just, and supernatural. I wasn’t like this when I was born, but born again. He finds you, he desires you. He wants you to know him in a personal, sincere relationship. This is my life, and you better believe I will take it to the end. Not because of what I have done, but what Christ has done in me. Galatians 2:20 “It is no longer I who live, but Jesus who lives in me. I live in this earthly body trusting in the Son of Man, who gave himself up for me.”
35 Christian Questions (ask away!)
- 1: What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?
- 2: Tell of a past event that has influenced your faith the most.
- 3: Who is your Christian role-model?
- 4: Who is your favorite Bible character?
- 5: What is your favorite Bible name?
- 6: If you were to participate in short-term mission trip, where would you like to go?
- 7: Favorite well-known Bible story?
- 8: Would you rather be shot for your faith (and die) or be tortured and live to tell of the experience?
- 9: What are your top three worship songs?
- 10: Your top three favorite Christian contemporary songs?
- 11: Are you a Proverbs 31 woman or a Job 29 man?
- 12: Who is your favorite current Christian speaker? (ex: Francis Chan, Beth Moore, etc.)
- 13: What is your favorite time of day to read the Bible?
- 14: In what ways has God blessed you recently?
- 15: Have you ever witnessed to someone? If so, would you do it again?
- 16: What is a prayer of yours that God has answered recently?
- 17: What do you feel God is really teaching you right now?
- 18: Any Fruit of the Spirit you know you could work on?
- 19: Do you enjoy going to church?
- 20: Which do you prefer; daily devotions or a daily Bible passage?
- 21: Ever read the Bible straight through?
- 22: What are some chapters in the Bible that you recommend to beginner Bible readers?
- 23: What are some chapters in the Bible that you recommend period?
- 24: When's the last time you went to church?
- 25: What is your favorite Christian holiday and why?
- 26: Favorite verse?
- 27: Name your top three favorite Christian bands, from any Christian genres.
- 28: Do you call Him the Holy Spirit or the Holy Ghost?
- 29: In the Lord's Prayer, do you say "forgive us our sins", "forgive us our debts", or "forgive us our transgressions"?
- 30: What is your favorite Bible Study/Sunday School moment?
- 31: Who, on tumblr, inspires your walk with Christ the most?
- 32: If you have one, what is the date of your rebirthday? (or anniversary of becoming a Christian)
- 33: Would you rather die and go to heaven or be on earth when Jesus comes again?
- 34: What is the best thing someone has done to encourage you spiritually?
- 35: Old-fashioned church services or contemporary church services?
"I have surrendered my voice to take on his" -Mattie Montgomery
The intimacy that one can have with God is far too real, is far too great for me to just go on and say that Jesus is a religion, or that he’s just a set of rules or some good moral teacher. Anyone who is in him is a new creation. The intimacy that one can have with Jesus is far too supernatural and miraculous for me to just say he’s a belief system. The cross that a person who personally knows God must take up, is far too overwhelming for me to just walk away from it, and say “I tried, but it didn’t work.” Someone can be religious, but not know Jesus personally. That is why those who follow him have surrendered their voice to take on his. Therefore I have surrendered my voice to take on his.